Tuesday, November 3, 2009

live what you know

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Philippians 3:10-16

How little do I really know of Christ? How little have I really seen of His power? How little do i really understand His resurrection? He has taught me much and shown me much, yet it is still the tip of the iceberg. The hugeness and complexity of God is ridiculous to think about. How could I, or any of us for that matter, ever really know Him fully?
But it is ok.
Paul gives us an amazing statement. "Only let us live up to what we have already attained." Huge! God does not ask any more than what He has revealed to us. But He does ask that. If I really lived up to what i have seen of His power and what knowledge He has revealed to me. My life would be so much more radically consumed by Him.
God, please continue to reveal yourself to me. Though i know i don't deserve it. God, continue to help me see and understand the power and beauty of Christ's resurrection. Help me to live in light of that power and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment